Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stress Knitting

Life has been being difficult for the last few weeks and I've found knitting to be helpful as a tranquilizer. I can't really seem to focus on anything though.

I knit the Purple Pod Pouch for a friend and embellished it with shiny things. It isn't the best job ever, but I'm not together enough to go for perfection.

I knit, and lined with fleece, a pouch for a friend who's in a nursing facility due to breaking his back in a motorcycle accident. His glasses disappeared", so I bought a pair of dime store reading glasses for him and made the pouch with a carabiner clip so he could keep them safe.





I'm working on a thank you bag for my ChosenSister, just a little bag with XO cables on two sides and Aryan cables on the other two designed by Chrissy Gardiner. I hope the cables don't get lost in the color changes of the yarn, but it's the yarn she unknowingly chose when she ooh'ed and ah'ed at it when I slyly took her to a yarn store.

And a pair of fingerless gloves for BeadLady. She has rheumatoid arthritis and I'm hoping these will make her hands hurt less when she makes her bead jewelry in the winter.

And, of course, The Project Which Cannot be Named. (Yes, I'm a Harry Potter fan.) It's in worsted weight yarn and pretty plain knitting, so I'm using it for cruising and recovering from the fiddly cables and the fiddly two on one circular needles and fine yarn to boot mitts.

And crocheting a couple of flowers and butterflies to embellish scarves for a cousin and her daughter.

Scattered, scattered, I'm scattered all over the place. But I think the knitting's helping me stay level if not together.

2 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Is that pinkish/greenish yarn called Andes (or something like that)? I bought some on sale (70% off!)and was wondering what that was going to look like knitted up. I likey alot. I have 4 or 5 skeins, too, enough for something substantial.

Wunx~ said...

Yep, Andes. I couldn't find it on Ravelry, though I did add it to my stash. It's definitely self-striping.