Monday, October 6, 2008

SEX In the Rain

A very strange thing happened here over the weekend. It rained. All weekend long. Weird.

But I am an addict, I went out into the cold and damp to visit the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair. I slogged through the mud and breathed the aroma of wet sheep, goats and alpacas. I met some Ravelrousers and was given my very own Ravelry button, ooh, ahh!

It was a small arts fair, maybe a dozen or so tents and no food vendors other than a honey guy. Amazing the fragrance three sheep, two goats and three alpacas can generate. Of course, I've always liked barnyard smell. I went to an agricultural college my first time around and always enjoyed it when the breeze was coming off the cow barns.

And as for the SEX...

My stash was enhanced with my very first local handspuns.



Two skeins of
grey undyed llama.
.
.
.



Four assorted skeins of undyed alpaca neck and leg fiber.
And three skeins of hand dyed alpaca.






Yarn lust once again made me sucumb to the temptation I led myself into.

2 comments:

Iron Needles said...

I am very jealous of your rav button. Just so you know. And I love the hand-dyed alpaca especially.
Did you fall in love with the alpacas?

Wunx~ said...

I'm a sucker for hand/kettle dyed yarn. And I think your hand spinning looks marvelous.

Alpacas are cuties; their haircuts remind me of Bichon Frise dogs. I admire from a distance though, because I've heard that alpacas spit like llamas do.