Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back With a Touch of Elegance

Perhaps a celebration is in order since this is my first blog post in over a month.
Step in, relax, have a glass of wine.

Over the holidays I knit two wine bottle sleeves and sixteen coasters. They were great travel knitting because both bottle sleeves and coasters are relatively mindless knitting. I used circular needles for everything so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping a needle on the airplanes. I did need to get home to felt them, which was fine as I've been in and out (and in and out) of town for the past month.

I knit one bottle sleeve larger and gave that one away before I could take a picture. Below are some in progress photos.









And here is a link for a free pdf of the patterns.

4 comments:

KC said...

I love your artsy photo and the coasters and wine cozy are fabulous. Welcome back:)

jan said...

Thanks for the coaster pattern! They look great and possibly simple enough for me to figure out!

Wunx~ said...

Thank you ladies. Jan, you smart girl, you can figure it out easily. If not, let me know so I can make the necessary modifications for clarity.

Iron Needles said...

Lovely lovelies! And you have been missed.