Tuesday, November 4, 2008

BEM Hat

If I'm honest, I have to admit that I (mostly) like the end results of my knitting. Oh, some of the things don't seem quite so shiny after a while, but I think that's partially because I'm a new knitter and still learning the tricks o' the craft.

This evening, I finished the best project ever. I am so tickled with it that it's practically unbearable. Unfortunately, there was no head of an appropriate size around to model it.

Then I remembered Bear, the teddy bear my paternal Grandmother gave me the Christmas I was a year old.

Is this not the coolest BugEyed Monster hat? I almost wish it was big enough that I could wear it (and what does that say about me?)

True, the eyes are a bit like Marty Feldman's, but that's part of the BEM mystique.

1 comment:

Iron Needles said...

There is a certain mystique to the hat!!

(And I never, while living in Kentucky, considered Paducah to be Sin City. It's an interesting concept...)