Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Chemo Cap

The call came Wednesday night. "I've got to have the chemo cap for my cousin done by Thursday night, and I think I dropped a stitch!"

"Have you knit enough more on it that it's ready for me to close up," I asked.

"Just about," she replied.

So I had her bring over the cap and the needles.

She hadn't dropped a stitch, her tension was just uneven, so I picked it up and knit industriously away using two short circulars instead of the DPN's to decrease. I sure am glad I learned how to do that, I much prefer it to having needle points poking out all over.



When I called my friend in the morning to tell her it was done she was ecstatic and came right over to pick it up.

As she was exiting the door with the cap clutched to her chest, she turned to me and said, "I am going to tell her I knit it."

I grinned and said, "Of course. It never would have been knit without you."

I hope her cousin likes it.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Seems to me, letting the recipient know that the work and the love of two knitters went into its creation makes it all the more healing of a gift to offer. Just my two cents. I'm glad you got to play a part in it.

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com