Friday, June 13, 2008

Too Many Needles

Always eager to learn new techniques, I checked Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles out of the library.

I'm not brave enough yet to think about knitting socks, nor have I ever figured out why anyone would put all the effort of hand knitting into something that's going on their feet. Geeze o pete, socks are what KMart's for. I have a friend who is a wine connoisseur, though, so I think I would like to knit her a wine cozy. Seems more sophisticated than a tea pot cozy in any case.

Once I figured out to rotate instead of flip to go between needles, it wasn't difficult at all. Because I'm a tight knitter, the last couple of stitches on the coming-up needle were difficult to slip from the cable back onto the needle, but it's still easier than using double pointed needles and having pokie-outs all over the place.

So I decided to get fancy and add a couple of cables. I did the math then went at it.

It's workable.
Still looks like too many needles, but I hate to even think about trying it on DPN's.

What yah doin' Mom?

No comments: