best from the recipes I've read and go ahead and make it.
To get a better idea of just how the one piece baby jacket pattern worked and how to do the fastenings, I made a bitty paper model of the kimono. Sloppy, but kinda cute.
Fortunately, not long after I'd started on the sleeves, I noticed a very creative group of stitches several rows back. So creative, in fact, that I had now earthly idea what I'd done or how the area had come into being. When I took the kimono off the needles to rip back, I realized I had been knitting it for Baby GorillaArms. Oops!
So I ripped all be way back to the row before the arms started and made the new arms a good bit shorter.
I still think I'm going to have to cuff them.